In PoE bestiary league, beastcrafting is a method of crafting by sacrificing beasts to the blood altar in the Menagerie. Up to four beasts can be sacrificed at a time, though the number and type of beasts used depend on the recipe.
When beastcrafting, the four beasts chosen are released into the arena surrounding the blood altar and must be killed to complete the recipe. If the player dies during the attempt, the recipe fails and the beasts are lost. The following tips you should know:
- A lot of this stuff is basic, but I thought it might be useful to somebody out there.
- Only the LV of the first beast in the recipe matters. Beast LV doesn’t matter for all recipes (for example, it doesn’t look like it has any effect on the rerolling rare items with a specific mod craft).
- Special Beasts are more likely to appear in areas where their base enemy type shows up. So for example, the cavern near the end of Act 6 is a great place to farm Deep One beasts (for the Prophecy craft).
- Higher rarity beasts can take the place of lower rarity beasts. So if there’s a unique beast in Act1-10 of the same type that you need, that’s an easy way to get one.
- The Faun is a really easy unique beast to farm since it appears at the end of The Climb in Act 1 (so you can start in The Lower Prison and backtrack) and has a great leveling recipe (Quicksilver Flask with extra movement speed). Worth farming up a few until you get a couple with rolls you like.
- The create a unique recipes can create uniques from any league. Beast LV does matter here (so if you’re hoping for a specific one, make sure you’re LV is over the requirement).
- You can sell 3 nets of one tier for 1 net of the next tier up through tier 9. Selling 3 tier 10 nets will give you 1 special net that can target dead beasts.
Any other interesting tips you’ve come up with for beastcrafting? I believe that other experienced players will be better than my tips, but these are the reasons for my success, and I sincerely hope it will help you too.